Friday, July 22, 2011

Ramadan Plan for Age 2-5

RAMADAN CURRICULUM 
FOR 
LOWER ELEMENTARY 
AT 
source: newmuslimkids

This Ramadan I am really trying to be more organized than before with activities for my Lil Muallims. I am almost over planning  to avoid any scrambling around during Ramadan. Needless to say I hope to spend the coming week in preparing all the material and setting it up Beidhnillah.


Please Note: This is a proposed plan and some additions or omitions maybe made as the lessons are carried out.







AGE APPROPRIATENESS: Children 2+ 


CONCEPT: Learning about Ramadan and Islam through the Arabic
Huroof and numbers using games, nomenclature cards, puzzles and arts and craft activities, nasheed and rhyme. (Please Note: my division of huroof and concepts is based upon Lil Muallimah's current level. I have tried to inter relate each concept with repetition of some Huroof.)






PLAN : A review of arabic huroof through Islamic Vocabulary and concepts. eg Ha - Hilal, R - Ramadan, Kha - Khair.  One Arabic number will also be introduced every week with related concept and activities. eg Wahid - One Allah


WEEK 1

Huroof: 
  • ه - Hilal (crescent moon)
  • ر - Ramadan, Rasulullah
  • ص - Saum (fast), Salah, Sirat al Mustaqeem (staright path)
  • ث - Thawab (positive point (check mark :)))
  • ت - Tamr (date fruit)
  • ب - Bismillah (say 'In the name of Allah' before doing anything)
  • ق  - Quran, Qiblah
  • ح - Haroof
  • م - Muhammad (Sallallaho Alaihi Wasallam)
  • و - Wahi (message), wudu
  • إ - Iqra (read)
  • غ - Ghaar (cave), Ghusl
  • ع - Arabiyah (arabic), Ibadah (worship)
  • ك - Ka'bah
  • ذ - Dhikr (remembrance)

Number: ١ - Wahid (one) :
  •  Allah is One
  • There is only one Qiblah
Surah: 

Surah Ikhlas 


Dhikr:

  • Allaho Akbar (Allah is the Greatest)
  • La ilaha Illallah Muhammadur Rasulullah (There is no God except Allh and Muhammad is his Prophet (Sallallaho Alaihi Wasallam)

WEEK 2

Huroof: 
  •  م Masjid (mosque), muslim & muslimah, momin
  • ت - Taraweeh, tobah (repentance)
  • ق  - Qalb (heart)
  • ش - Shaitaan (satan) 
  • س - Sunnah (Prophets' example), surah
  • ص - Sadaqah
  • أ - Ajr (reward)
  • د - Dua (prayer)
  • ر - Rabb (Lord)
  • ف - Fatihah (1st Surah-The opening)
  • م - Maliki yaumideen
  • ه - Hidayah (guidance)
  • ص - Sirat al Mustaqim (straight path)
  • ج - Jannah (Paradise), Jahannum (Hell)
  • ذ - Dhikr (remembrance)
Number: ٢ - Ithnaan (two) :
  •  A good Muslim follows 2 thing - Quran and Sunnah
  • Kiraman Katibeen ( The Angels on our shoulders who write all our good and bad deeds)
Surah: 

Surah tun Nas

Dhikr:
  • Subhanallah (Allah is the Greatest)
  • Rabbigh firli (O my Rabb, Forgive me)
  • Astaghfirullah wa a toobo Ilaih (I ask forgiveness from Allah and Apologize to him)

WEEK 3

Huroof: 
  • خ - Khair (good deeds)
  • ز - Zakah
  • ع - Ibadah (worship)
  • ن - Noor
  •  م Malaikah 
  • ل - Layl (night) 
  • ذ - Dhikr (remembrance)
  • ق  - Qamr (moon)
  • ش - Shams (sun)
  • Review previous huroof and concepts
Number: ٣ - Thalathah (three) :
  •  Three most important Mosques: Masjid ul Haram, Masjid un Nabwi, Masjidul Aqsa
  • Dhikr: Subhanallah, Alhumdolillah, Allaho Akbar
Surah: 


Surah tul Fatihah



Dhikr: 

  • Ar Rahman, Ar Raheem, Al Wadood, Al Kareem
  • At Tawwab, Al Ghafoor, Al Ghaffar, Al Afuwwo
  • Al Khaliq, Ar Raziq


WEEK 4

Huroof: 
  • أ - A'uzu (I seek refuge), ard (ground)
  • س - Sama' (sky)  
  • ف - Falaq
  • خ - Khalaq (creation)
  • ح - Haiwaan (animals)
  • ث - fakihah (fruit)
  • ن - Nabati (vegetables) 
  •  م Malaikah, maun (water)
  • ل - Laylatul Qadr (the might of Power)
  • ي - yad (hand), yameen (right), yasaar (left) Yaum day
  • ع - Eid 
  • إ - Imam
  • ج - Jama'at
  • ذ - Dhikr (remembrance)
  • Review previous huroof and concepts
Number: ٤ - Arba'ah (four) :
  •  Khulfa e Rashideen (the four rightly guided Khalifahs and dear companions of Prophet Muhammad (Sallalaho alaihi wasallam)
Surah: 

Surah tul Falaq

Dhikr:
  • Rabbana aatina fiddunya hasanataon wa fil aakhirati hasanaton wa qina azaabannnar (O my Rabb, grant me the good of the world and of aakhirah and save me from the punishment of fire)
  • Allahumma innaka afoowun kareemun tuhibbul afwa fa'fu anni (O Allah, You are Forgiving, and You love to forgive, so forgive me)
Material Required: 

Printouts of planned activities, colors pencils, markers, glue, scissors, glitter glue, construction paper, felt, bristol board, contact sheet for laminating and any other craft material of your liking. 

Image source: newmuslimkids & google images

My Dua:  


"O ALLAH PLEASE GRANT US SUCCESS IN ALL WE TRY TO ACCOMPLISH IN YOUR WAY, TO SEEK YOUR PLEASURE......... AMEEN"

After Ramadan:

These lessonss will be built upon and continued Ba'dal Ramadan (after Ramadan and it's details will be posted Ba'dal Eid (after eid) INSHALLAH!

10 comments:

Umm Maimoonah said...

Masha Allaah great thinking! Very nice planning barakallaah Feeki!

Awaiting to see how you do these things with the little one Insha Allaah!

Jazzakillaah Khayr for sharing!

UmmSara said...

Your plan seems to be fun and interesting for small kids mashaAllah. I really like it. Looking forward to see how it goes with your kids inshaallah.

Umm Umamah said...

Assalamo alaikum Umm Sarah and Umm Maimoonah, I just finished changing some images in the post.... I didn't expect to see comments within 10 minutes of posting the original post.:)Jazakallah for your kind words. I actually have most of the worksheets prepared from the time I did this with Lil Muallim # 2, I will be making some new ones and work on some girly crafts for Lil Muallimah Beidhnillah.

umm ar said...

jazaakillaah for sharing. mashallaah great planning!will you be sharing your worksheets too?

Umm Umamah said...

Waiyyaki Sister,
Yes, I will be sharing my worksheets Inshallah. I am trying to make pdf of them...I already have most of them ready on word :)

Umm Suhailah said...

Bismillaah

As Salaamu Alaikum!

Ok you inspired me to get my planning together woman!!!! lol. I will take today to get myself together Inshaa'Allaah- Love the curriculum- and Mashaa'Allaah you sisters really inspire me! *now wheres my pen & paper* :p

Umm Umamah said...

Walaykum assalam Umm Suhailah

Alhumdolillah.......and you cracked me up with your cute comment Mashallah!
Happy planning it would be fun to compare notes :)

Umm Imaan said...

Masha Allah I love your blog :) Jazzakillah for all you are sharing with us :)

Umm Umamah said...

Alhumdolillah....May Allah find my efforts acceptable Ameen.......May He enable me to actually able to teach what I am trying to, to my Lil Muallims in His way Ameen

Monika said...

Assalaamu alaikum sister,

Masha Allah! Very inspiring to read your schedule for ramadan! May you and your family have a blessed ramadan!
Jazak Allah khair sister

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...