Monday, August 15, 2011

Ramadan Activities Day # 13

ZAKAH 
&
SADAQAH JAR

Confession: I haven't been feeling too well and did day 13th's activities while in bed. Lil Muallim # 2 was out with Abi all day and did his activity on his own in the very little time he was home for. All the pictures were taken a day later.

Lil Muallimah's Activities

Ramadan Vocabulary Words

Lil Muallimah has been chanting za is for zakat since before Ramadan, roughly from around the time we did our Ramadan sensory tub. 

So I was it was high time we did za is for Zakat activity.......Lil Muallimah colored in her worksheet showing a bag of money and then filled in her play money in a pretty bag. She kept saying this is for teh poor and needy while filling it, as well as for the rest of the day showing everyone else in the family. Mashallah! 


We also continued our discussion on good deeds and discussed how we can get extra bonus good deeds by following the examples of Rasulallah Sallallaho Alaihiwasallam in our day to day activities. Imagine getting ajr for everyday chores!!!!

Seen is for Sunnah......

Each petal has a picture for a sunnah act.....saying Assalamo alaikum, making dua, saying dua before and after eating or drinking, starting from the right side,  wearing slippers when going to toilet, cleaning teeth morning and night and saying Allaho akbar when climbing up stairs and Subhanallah when going down. (the last one still needs implementing!)

Ramadan Activity Bag # 13


Lil Mualliamh has been doing this activity for quite a few months now. I had made these cards with drawings related to the words. I thought of putting it into the Ramadan activity bag as it ties very well with our Ramadan lessons.
The way we do this activity is that I recite the words in a tune which  my Lil Muallims like. Lil Muallimah picks up the corresponding cards and lays them down.

Here I will write down the translation of the words that I recite in Arabic.........

I love Allah, my Creator


I love Muhammad (Sallallaho alaihi wasallam), my Prophet
I Love Quran, my book


I love Kabah my Qiblah 
I love Islam, I love Islam, I love Islam, my religion


All laid out.....

Lil Muallimah really enjoys this especially as especially of her in the cards in pink hijab :):):):):):). I hope to make a printable for downlaod so you all can use these cards in your home too  Inshallah.....it has been on my to do list for quite some time.


 Arabic Number......Ithnaan (two)

I finally introduced the ithnaan card... Lil Muallimah was actually eating cereal (without milk) and I asked her to show me ithnan which she promptly did with her cereal. Mashallah! 



I plan to do two conceots with ithnaan with her. Todays concept was....
A good Muslim has to do 2 things.... 
  1. Read Quran and follow it 
  2.  read Ahadith to learn Sunnah



Lil Mualliamh placed this picture card under ithnaan while we discussed the concept

Lil Muallim # 2's Activitiy

As I mentioned earlier Lil Muallim #2 was hardly home today. So in the little time he was home we talked about sadaqah and making a sadaqah jar while I was in bed. Lil Muallim # 2 made his Sadaqah jar all by himself, before heading out again with Abi. He really wanted to make sure he had something to enter the challenge for day 13 before Maghrib Salah.

He painted the jar with glitter paint to make it shiny. unfortunately it doesn't show well in the picture, which he also took himslef.

  

When he was back from taraweeh he said he wanted to redo it as he was not happy with it. I told him he surely could ... but in all honesty here we have shared the picture without the touch ups :)

DUA
" O Allah accept from us our efforts and let us abdorb whatever we learn in your way inside our hearts..... Ameen"

1 comment:

fouzia said...

subhaallah, so amazing :) may alalh reward you and yor family for this work ishalah ...my son is 5 yrs and i wanted to introduce arabic lagageg and numerals to him. unfortunately we are not arabic speakers , so i ahve no clue as to how to begin helping him. is there any book that you use as a guide to help yor kids? could u please also load the files for above alphabet and colougin activities? may allah reward you immensely , jazka allhu khiaran.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...