Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Where's Lil Maullim # 1

WHAT'S LIL MUALLIM # 1 DOING THIS RAMADAN ?




I was thinking some of you might be wondering what Lil Maullim # 1 is doing for Ramadan activities. He Mashallah is keeping quite busy. 




  • He is memorizing Surah Luqman bit by bit following the Surah Luqman Schedule here. 
  • I also do the tafseer lesson from Surah Luqman with him whenever we manage to sit together for a one on one lesson during the day. As his lessons are quite intensive I don't think I will be posting about them till after Ramaadan.
  • He will be working on 1 -2 crafts every week hopefully
  • He is supposed to revises 1 Juzz everyday from the 10 he has memorized from before Alhumdolillah! I haven't been bale to be on top that though :(
  • He bikes to his friends house and attends Quran tafseer class for boys Alhumdolilah!
  • When the class is over the boys play basketball for a while and then go to the masjid together with their teacher for Asr Salah Alhumdolillah! 
  • He finally comes back home after 3 1/2 hours
  • He rests after coming back or plays a quite game with his siblings
  • At night he tells me what he heard in the tafseer class each day and we discuss some things that I may not have covered with him before that are Mashallah coming up with each juzz a day.
  • He helps out during iftar and clean up Mashallah!
  • He also made one of Lil Muallimah's activities, which she will soon be getting in one of her Ramadan Activity bags. Inshallah

DUA

May Allah help my children learn nad understnd responsibility and purty on intenions Ameen May Allah make this Ramadan extremely beneficial for all of us Ameen.

6 comments:

Monika said...

Assalaamu alaikum sister,

Ameen to your dua!

And Masha Allah! It sounds like a wonderful ramadan plan for your son! How nice to have a tafseer class nearby with others at his age! Would love that as my children grow older to insha Allah.

Jazak Allah khair for sharing!

UmmSara said...

MashaAllah, as you said he is been busy alhamdulillah.
He is very engaged and doing a lot.
Can I ask about ages of your children?

Umm Maimoonah said...

Masha Allaah great schedule for him! Masha Allaah he has done well and great to know he is occupied with fruitful activities. Do you homeschool him and the other one as well, or do they go to school? May Allah give you success in everything khayr Ukhtee!

Umm Umamah said...

Walaykum assalam sisters,
Ameen to your duas. Things are not always as great as hey sound. The tafseer classes took some adjusting to... as the younger boys including mine were a little mischievous inthe begining. Lil Muallim did bring back well written notes back home and was able to tell what haopened in class. But he also told about some mischief he was part of. I understand boys will be boys but I didn't like the fact that he and others were disruptive in a Quran class. We took this as a part of training and had some serious talk. Inshallah a lesson has been learnt. He also requested for a more attractive notebook which Abi took him and bought the one of his choice. I am pleased with the notes he is bringing back, but as Ramadan schedule is quite tough. Inshallah we will go through what he learnt in detailed discussion after Ramadan. This will also give us a chance to not only review but elaborate on certain topics Inshallah! I pray to Allah to help us to train our children with proper adaab and desirable tarbiyah with wisdom and patience... Ameen

Umm Umamah said...

@ Umm Maimoonah's question...... Yes ukhti I homeschool all my three children Alhumdolillah. Lil Muallim # 1 has only been in an islamic preschool when I was pregnant with my 2nd one and later in grade 1 in public school for only 3 months.........:) It just didnt work for him or me ...So Alhumdolillah he has been home since then. Lil Muallim # 2 has never been in a school environment except for weekend islamic school where I was the teacher:):):):)

Umm Umamah said...

@ Umm Sara's Question, I am often asked how old my children are but I am not too keen ages, age level and benchmarks. I believe that all children learn at different rates depending on their learning styles. So this is how I gage their progress. I know I didn't directly answer your question but I hope this helps.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...