Friday, September 7, 2012

Color Matching 1


Colors: Recognition and Matching

I never felt the need to TEACH colors to my kids. I feel this is one of the things that just happens naturally with time. Kids eventually learn color recognition through their environment: their clothes, toys, food and so much more. After that is established here is a method I used with my older kids too. I wrote names of colors on index cards with the corresponding .color. So while the kids named the color through recognition they unconsciously absorbed the spelling too. I never had to teach the spellings of colors to my kids when it was time for them to write it. They just did it. I used these cards in different ways, which I will share in time. Here's the basic way to use them.

Color Tub # 1 

Lil Muallimah really enjoys this one Alhumdolillah. She takes out one colour name card from the tub, puts it down,says its name, finds the corresponding color foam, places it on the table and them places the colour name on it. She is all smiles with each match Mashallah Tabarakallah!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...