Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Colors Lapbook

ALLAH MADE COLORS

This post is about our very first lapbook :) almost 4 years ago. It was a very basic and simple lapbook as at that time I was still learning how to do them. I made a simple fold lapbook with a single manila folder. To make it attractive I made Lil Muallim # 2 color the pallet and covered the inside with marbled construction paper.






For flaps I took 4 strips of same colors each a bit longer than the other. On the cover I drew a brush stroke of color which Lil Muallaim # 2 colored himself. .



The next strip had the spelling of the color which he traced with glitter pen. 


Next I asked him his favorite thing that was that color eg his favorite yellow thing. 



 Finally on the last strip he stuck something that Allah made of that color


We did the same for each color and this personalizing feature really clicked with Lil Muallim # 2 Alhumdolillah ! He loved making it,  looking through it again and again and showing it to others Mashallah. 

  This simple format lapbook really took my fear away from the concept of lapbooking. The sense of ownership children get over it really takes their learning up quite a few notches Mashallah.

 Over the years we have made quite a few lapbooks which the kids have enjoyed. Others are still incomplete but are waiting to be finished. Qadrallah :) I hope to post about all of them one day Beidhnillah.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...