Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pine Cone Experiment

WELL I NEVER.......

There are some things that just leave you awestruck and excited and then you want to share and tell anyone and everyone who would care to listen, because you know they will surely try it too. After all "Seeing is Believing"

I saw this one on a Montessori Blog but can't remember which one. I  will link up if I find it again.

Take different kinds of pine cones.

We found the soft and hard ones........



Put them in water........



SURPRISE!!!!!!



Now I didn't know that could happen... Did you ?

It took about 30 minutes + for ours to close.

Next we left them to dry out. 
In a few days they open up all over again. 
Then we soaked them again only to dry them again and start all over again..... :):)

I hope to add more/better pictures soon

Here's an explanation and a related activity for older kids.

I am linking up to

Montessori Monday

3 comments:

Eva said...

MashaAllah I've heard about this, seriously want to try it now :)

Deb Chitwood said...

That's amazing! I love science experiments like that ... simple yet fascinating! Thanks so much for linking up with Montessori Monday. I pinned your post to my Kids' Science Activities board at http://pinterest.com/debchitwood/kids-science-activities/

Umm Umamah said...

Yes that`s what`s cool simple yet fascinating. Thanks for pinning :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...