Thursday, October 4, 2012

Push Pinning Continents

PUNCHING OUT CONTINENTS


I loved this idea since I saw it on several Montessori blogs. I didn't have a big pricking tool or a fancy push pin, so I kept putting it off, until I had this Eureka moment and made my own push pins. Now why didn't I think of this before.... DUH!!

 I made our very own DIY push pins ready in less than ten minutes. I could not believe why I never thought of this before. I was not in favor of using the regular sized push pins. I could be wrong, but I thought the miniature sized ones were not only a safety hazard but would put too much strain on the hand on the lil ones.

Well here we are... our very own pushpins.... and cork board made by hot gluing two pieces of cork board  to make  a thicker surface for the pins to go through.




Lil Muallim # 2 sat and helped me make this as a wonderful assistant Mashallah. He even chose the colors.



He kept asking what they were for....and when I showed him , his eyes were gleaming with joy. 










To my utter surprise he loved this activity so much that he ended up punching out three Africas in one sitting!!!



Other helpful posts on Montessori Push Pinning continents can be read here (Montessori Print) and here (My Montessori Journey). 



More on making continent maps from the punched out parts can be seen here  (Moveable Alphabet) and here (My Montessori Journey)



Other related activities:



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...